Despite the enthusiasm of my previous post I havn’t posted in a while.
Initially this was due to laziness, but for at least the last few months this has been due to a technical issue – I can’t build the site to publish new content.
I still think a generated site is the right path forward, but I don’t think Hugo was the right choice of generator for me.
I’ve decided to look for a new static site generator, without having done any research yet, here’s my wishlist:
- Converts markdown files into html with some degree of templating / sitemap generations
- Outputs plain HTML & CSS, should be no JS compatible, no server side rendering.
- Implemented in a language I’m familiar with (feels like React should be a good fit?)
- Able to be built in a Github Action
- Some seperation between content and templates
- Some sort of community behind it